Our Creative Team offers over 25 years of hands-on design and production experience. With capabilities from old world to traditional to contemporary our designers can help you create your custom designed marketing masterpiece. Label Systems’ art department has experience working with designers of all experience from the start-up home-based individual to art directors and marketing masterminds. Let our designers team up with you to accomplish your dream design and get your product into the marketplace.
- HARDWARE / SOFTWARE: Using state-of-the-art hardware and software, our creative and production designers employ the best tools in the industry, giving you professional results, whether you have Label Systems design it, or you prefer to do-it-yourself.
- PROOFING: Our capabilities include Inkjet Paper Proofs, Digital Proofs and digital PDF format screen proofing.
- IN-HOUSE PLATE MAKING: With our own in-house polymer plate-making capabilities, we can take your project from concept through production, allowing us to control quality throughout the entire process.
- COLOR MATCHING: Using industry standard color matching processes, we can comply with your corporate identity standards.
- DIGITAL IMAGING: (or scanning) is a snap with our high resolution scanners, giving you top quality graphics in your design.
- BARCODES: Need your barcode created for your commercial product? Label Systems can create your barcode and verify its ability to scan properly prior to, during and after production.
Preflight all files so that all elements of the document are secured into one folder for sending (ie. fonts, imported graphics, embedded graphics, profiles, etc.)
ALL of the following elements are REQUIRED to produce a proof:
- ACCEPTABLE FORMAT: See program list below - Microsoft Office products (Word, Access, Excel, Publisher, or Power Point) are NOT acceptable. Additional charges apply for recreating the artwork.
- ALL FONTS USED IN DOCUMENT: It is preferred that all fonts be outlined so that no changes are made to your artwork due to font issues. If text will need to be changed now or in the future the fonts must remain in their original form and be included along with your file.
- ALL ORIGINAL ART FILES WITHIN THE DOCUMENT: ALL imported files such as PSDs, PNGs, JPGs, TIFs, EPSs, BMPs, etc., whether linked or embedded, must accompany your file.
- A PRINTED, COLOR OUTPUT or PDF FILE OF THE DOCUMENT: A color PDF or hard-copy print is required to verify Label Systems’ output matches the intent of the designer/customer. A color proof can be provided for color approval at customer’s request (this is strongly advised for color accurancy especially for new art).
- ALL COLORS USED IN THE DOCUMENT: A list of all spot colors is required. PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM (PMS) is the industry standard. If the file is 4-color process, the colors are simply CMYK.
- ANY SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DOCUMENT: Any special comments you may wish to send to either your account representative or artist working on your file.
ACCEPTABLE MEDIA TYPES:
- Portable USB Drives
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for files 5 megabytes or less.
- FTP Upload: Use our convenient upload utility by clicking the “Send Artwork” links in the left hand column. Compress all required files into one file for sending.
Preferred Software: Adobe Creative Cloud or less. Other formats may require additional charges.
By using the following guidelines, additional costs for reproducing artwork are held to a minimum. However, if the digital files you have do not match our artwork guidelines, simply ask your Customer Sales Representative for a preliminary estimate.
- Imported Graphics:
FORMATS: TIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, PSD, EPS, DCS2.
MODE: must be CMYK, Grayscale, or One Color Bitmap (no RGB, Web Colors, etc).
RESOLUTION: minimum of 300 dpi at 100% print size
- Adobe® Illustrator CC or less: Preferred format. This format allows the artwork time to be billed at minimum rates.
* * * * * * * NOTICE * * * * * * *
UNACCEPTABLE FORMATS: We CANNOT accept Microsoft® Office® (Word®, Excel®, Access®, PowerPoint®, Publisher®) files for artwork or low res rastor artwork (jpgs). We do accept PDFs for print reference in lieu of a printed output - It is strongly advised for customer to request color proof for approval especially for new art. There will be additional charges for recreating artwork from Microsoft formats.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If artwork does not meet presented art requirements there will be additional charges. Artwork may require changes to meet flexographic capabilities. Any changes to customer supplied art will be brought to the customer's attention and must be approved by customer signature before production begins.